The Innovation and Sustainability in Global Value Chains (ICV Global) project starts its activities with a selection process for micro and small businesses (SMEs) interested in improving their performance in the international market. The registered companies are assessed according to their practices, products and/or services based on innovation and sustainability criteria.
This selected MSEs take part on an intensive training on sustainability, aiming at strengthening their businesses and developing the attributes needed for a strategic and differentiated positioning in markets that import products with the Brazilian brand. Besides the training process, the project offers opportunities for the selected companies to get closer to potential international buyers and investors.
Get to know each activity of ICV Global Cycles:
- Impact Acceleration
- International trade and prospective mission
- Contact with potential international buyers, prioritized by Apex-Brazil
The mentoring phase in the context of this project envisions fostering collaboration between companies, their entrepreneurs and the academic community to create and cultivate a working network for learning and development about sustainability-oriented business practices.
In this stage, the project provides technical assistance to the selected SMEs through co-formation workshops about sustainable principles and guideline and opportunities for value creation and business endurance. Additionally, the workshops aim at positioning the products and services of the selected companies, highlighting their capability to meet the requirements and expectations of international buyers.
Therefore, the Mentoring stage should:
- Reinforce the business value proposition of the selected SMEs, exploring how the solutions offered address sustainability challenges
- Strengthen the sustainability attributes of the products and services provided by the SMEs
- Enhance the SMEs products and services sales arguments in the international market under the sustainability perspective
- Offer instruments to improve sustainability-oriented management practices in the SMEs
The Impact Acceleration process offered by the project aims at providing a more intense development of the selected SMEs and prepare them to enter the international market with their products/services with incorporated sustainability attributes and high added value. The key activities of this stage are:
- Dialogue among the entrepreneurs of the selected SMEs
- Personal follow-up of the SMEs action plan for internationalization
- Face to face meetings with mentors, investors and buyers to inspire strategic decisions
GVces and Apex-Brazil jointly organize an International Trade and Prospective Mission to strategic countries for the interested and most prepared SMEs of the project. The agenda of the mission is elaborated with activities to foster the understanding of the characteristics and business environment of a foreign market that demands sustainability attributes.
Apex-Brazil and GVces organize the business roundtable entitled Brazilian Sustainable Solutions (BSS) to enable commercial approach between the selected SMEs and potential international clients and trading companies.